Choc bloc caps

Nothing wrong with solder joints - even on mains wiring IMHO (and permitted by the wiring regs). The main difficulty is that of deployment in situ, and the time taken to make them properly, which tends to push many practitioners toward other solutions like crimps.

Reply to
John Rumm

Given the intensity of the search that seems like a good reason.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I love soldering. I solder anything and everything.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Have you ever read Cosmopolitan?

Reply to
ARW

I'm surprised that nobody seems to have mentioned it (maybe I missed that post now the thread is so long), but the chocbox is the nearest thing you can get easily:

(if that doesn't work, search chocbox on screwfix or google) Not really recommending them though: I bought one once and could never open the bugger to use it without wrecking it....

Reply to
GMM

An inline heatshrunk soldered joint would be neater. You can get for £1 o r so a pill reminder thing, it has 7 strips of 4 little cubes, 1" all round or so. Just the thing for little tiny bits like this. I'd probably twist & solder the wires inside.

NT

Reply to
meow2222