chimney pointing small cracks

A friend has repointed the chimneys, but there are still a few small cracks of a few mm. Ice could get in and crack them open eventually. Is there something I can squeeze in? Something in a tube like Hard as Nails?

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

any ideas? We havnt the time to smash out the cracked pointing, would squirting in something like hard-as-nails cut down on water penetration, ice cracking etc?

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Lime putty would work, but need to be applied twice as it shrinks on drying. Its just bagged builder's lime mixed with water to make a paste. It should be possible to get ordinary cement mortar in though, and where the crack's too small even for that, to use it to cover it with. Use fine sand maybe.

NT

Reply to
NT

Exterior Polyfilla maybe? It's a cement based powder, probably combined with an acrylic, but it's certainly fine enough to get into small cracks and stay there.

Reply to
stuart noble