Chimney fpor gas hob below

Ands guys, When I move my gas hob as discussed below, I am also installing a new Chimney style extractor. The current extractor is a built in type that is vented straight out the back though the breeze block/external brickwork.

When I install my new chimney, I'll need to make a new hole for the exhaust. I can't use the existing hole since I do not want the ducting kit to be visible, I want it to vent out inside the metalwork of the chimney itself. My question is do you think it will weaken the walls considerably with me making another large hole so near to the existing one (which will be concreted in)? Or should I just use extraction filters and forget about venting outside?

A bit unsure. I could redesign my kitchen so the hob is in the same place if need be. Not really what I want to do though....

Reply to
Kaiser Sose

You really don't want to end up using the new cooker hood in recirculating mode because (a) it doesn't extract water vapour to the outside and (b) you will be reliant on charcoal filters inside the cooker hood to absorb nasty niffs, and they don't last long and cost the earth to replace.

Therw really should be no problem with putting a new hole through - it only needs to be 4 or 5 inches diameter. Block up the old one first and let the mortar go off thoroughly before making the new hole, if you;re worried.

David

PS the other fella's right about flexible gas hoses not being allowed for hobs any more.

Reply to
Lobster

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:36:08 GMT someone who may be Lobster wrote this:-

Any idea roughly when this was changed, if it was allowed at one time?

Reply to
David Hansen

Autumn 2004, according to Ed's FAQ:

David