childproofing TV on a stand

That's not a bad idea, I'll mention that to the FiL who has a 46" lcd which doesn't really feel that stable on its stand. Which in turn is on a glass table meant for something smaller and I'm convinced the tv is going to end up smashed on the floor at some point... Not my problem I know, but they are *nice* in-laws ;)

Reply to
Lee

If you don't have a suitable wall, may be a chain to the floor with a weight on the end? The weight can be on the floor normally but if the tv was pull forwards the weight would drag it back down.

Reply to
matthelliwell

electric fence around the tv table?

RE: the fireplace stuck to the wall with no more nails type glue, a neighbor once built a table using that stuff, he honestly thought it really ment you could use it inplace of nails or screws in every situation.... needless to say the table looked good on the workbench, but it never made it into the house before it fell apart :)

Reply to
Gazz

If he takes things that literally, that's why he didn't bother with sticks like sh*t

Reply to
Richard

I have a safety brace for my LCD TV. I got it from the TV dealer but a similar device is:

It has a horizontal bar that is screwed across the back of the tv and an adjustable length diagonal tube that is fastened to the back of the TV unit. It prevents the tv tipping backwards or forwards whilst still allowing the tv to be swivelled on its stand.

The tv has been bumped into several times and the brace has held it in place.

Recommended.

Reply to
Graham Nye

I like that