Childish answers to postings.

I am gettiing totally pissed of with some people that post on this group. Someone asks a perfectly sensible question and some of the posters use it as an excuse to call each other names, make snide remarks about each other. the last thing they do is try to answer the question.

You know who you are and so does everyone because the same names keep cropping up.

Why dont you all go away and form a group of your own, I can think of several names for it, and then you can throw rocks and teddy bears at each other and not bother normal human beings.

This posting will produce a flood of snide remarks which will only serve to prove what I am saying.

If you cant say anything sensible dont bother saying anything at all.

Reply to
Bookworm

Aw, c'mon, you're just trying to worm your way into the good books.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Ok own up who's pissed him off?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Rare, surely? ISTM that, whilst threads can be OT and long, such threads must be other than boring - else their length would be compromised ...

Reply to
John Cartmell

I don't think that's fair Mike, it's a good idea to have a separate ng.

It could be uk.normal-human-beings

Who's up for it?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It would be far too crowded.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

If you're unhappy with the signal-noise ratio (which is, IMHO, better for uk.d-i-y than almost any other newsgroup I've read) then the best (in fact, the *only*) way of dealing with it would be to post lots of insightful, on-topic, helpful information. Alternatively if it's so rubbish and annoying here, you could always follow Grunff's suggestion.

Reply to
Chris Cowley

I don't like the fact that some peoples names appear more times than mine does.

I have developed a personal grudge against a small set of specific posters and from this I have made a general statement to exagerate a minor problem. I am unable to ignore thigns that aren't relevant to me.

I'm not going to risk naming specific people because it would show up that the group is very small and that in fact the problem is not a serious one undermining my baseless rant.

Why can't you all just validate me for the superior citizen that I am. I make so many sacrifices and no one recognises any of them!

Ahhhaaaa! Now I've got you! Bow at my superiority!

I can't handle being told I am in fact an immature, socially unsophisticated attention seeker who is never taken as seriously as he feels he deserves. I have no sense of humour and think that any deprecating comment no matter how accurate, pithy, ironic or basically funny is unjustifiable.

HTH, HAND etc.

Reply to
Fitz

I have the greatest respect for people who have respect for other people and their views. I have no respect for some of the ill mannered persons that flood this group. As for the various personal suggestions from various posters, you can kiss my arse!. I will keep on criticising your postings in an attempt to get genuine answers to genuine people who need help by posting on this group and not moronic rantings by a bunch of tossers that have nothing to add to the subject matter but seem to like to see their names in print.

Get a life!

Reply to
Bookworm

Fair enough. Within the bounds of your ISP's AUP and the law, you can post what you like, when you like, just like anyone else. You might be well advised to simply learn how to use a killfile (you will need to get a proper news client first, rather than relying on Google Groups) as constant whinging and not contributing anything useful will probably see you end up in many people's killfiles yourself. This is how usenet works

- you provide your own moderation by killing the threads and posters that you're not interested in reading.

Trying to make the rest of the world conform to what you think should be posted is an exercise in futility, but don't feel you need to let that stop you; everybody needs a hobby, I suppose.

Reply to
Chris Cowley

At least some of us have names

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Oh. So not exclusive enough for you and me ...

Mary.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

A well reasoned point.

You'll be wasting your finger ends, it won't work.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

One person's funny is another person's annoyed. This is an open public unmoderated newsgroup, so you can want it your way all you like, but it wont happen, not for any of us. One of the first lessons of usenet is how to deal with it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

And I really appreciated it :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

I suggest you learn how to use kill-files.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Yup. So let's drop the absurd "prohibition" on commercial posts that is espoused in one of the FAQs. I'm sure you agree. Yes???

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Heh.

Ok Chris, spill, what is it you're dying to sell us?

Reply to
Grunff

That, as has been said before, is a great way of curing the symptoms. It's no good at all for the rare occasions where one of these arses has a funny five minutes and actually produces a reasonable response. It does happen, you know. Rarely as above, but it does.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Still on about that, is he?

Reply to