Chenging front door from UPVC to hardwood...

My house has a UPVC front door. I would like to change it to a hardwood one. Obtaining a hardwood door is easy enough, but I could use some advice on what to do about the frame. What is the usual procedure? Is it best to find a reaady-made frame, or is it best to make one? Does it need to be hardwood, or will pine do? Is it feasable to use the old UPVC frame, somehow?

TIA

Al

Reply to
AL_n

Don't spoil the ship..

get a frame AND a door to match.

Most joiners will supply this as a matter of course.

Screw frame into place with spacers to get it perfectly aligned, and then foam up and render or mastic the edges. Stain first to reduce moisture absorption, esp. near ground.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher