Chemists & household chemicals

Why are you repeating it then?

It's not necessary.

There's no point. Wine-making,as in breadmaking and lots of other processes (if you want to make a good product) can't be hurried.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

My point was that he shouldn't begrudge the binwagon drivers their earnings, he could do that job if he wanted to.

I'm not criticising the lad, or you, but there is a lot of unjustified envy about others' pay, as I see it.

You and Spouse COULD earn a lot more than you do - we choose a different life.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

bleach and disfectent Weed killer and diesel and the good old petrol bomb

Reply to
zaax

Prills are no good to you. You'd have to grind it up.

Reply to
Huge

Blimey, you don't pay any attention to Conor, do you?

Reply to
Huge

No - it's just hard to avoid him. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

charon{huge}74: grep -i conor ~/News/KILL /Conor /h:j /Conor Turton /h:j

Reply to
Huge

Aww - what has he ever done to you? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I can vouch for that. Just had our 2nd bottle of blackberry from last year's crop (it popped its own cork) and it was a noticeable improvement on the first which we had in april. Haven't even bottled the apple yet (from 8 months ago).

Reply to
Chris Hodges

I was highlighting that what you said was correct, but unrelated to what I was writing about...

You are just arguing for the sake of it aren't you? ;-)

There is every point, since poor sterilisation will lower the quality of the wine, not improve it. The Citric results in more copious production of SO2 and hence allows better sterilisation of your receptacles and other equipment.

Reply to
John Rumm

No.

You're making unfounded assumptions aren't you?.

Sterilisation is sterilisation, there are no degrees of sterilisation. Equipment is either sterile or not.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Think that's rather a broad statement in practice. Some viruses etc are able to withstand even an Autoclave - things like BSE.

I very much doubt home brewing equipment is sterile in the medical sense.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No, it's correct. Either something is sterile or it isn't by definition.

BSE isn't a virus it's a prion.

AFAIK there is no word that means "nearly sterile" or "sterile for the purpose".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That's why I added 'etc'. ;-)

Ok. Then it's not sterile.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Isn't that what Drivel's got?

;-)

Reply to
Matt

You can't be suggesting Mad Cow Disease?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

My mistake it a Prius, its obvious he's had the other for quite a while.

Reply to
Matt

There should be.

Some bacteria can live in volcanic vents...undersea.

Sterile is an absolute word for a relative thing.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, that's what YOU have got Mary ;-)

Drivel is suffering from delusions of competence.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hi,

Do they have internal or external beading? IIRC some of the early ones had external beading which could be pried off, and the window pane removed.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C