Cheeky beggers

Why not just eat them?

Reply to
Huge

I always remove the stalks from tomatoes before weighing. I doubt that this saves me more than a penny per time, but what the heck.

And I always rummage through the cauliflowers to make sure that I get one of the bigger ones. I do think it's a bit off that they charge a fixed price when the size varies by as much as 100%.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Well in my Tesco's the bins are side-by-side: one contains clingfilmed or bagged veg, the other one has the loose stuff.

But TNP's point about the veg being protected is well-taken though: I suppose at least it means the produce hasn't potentially been mauled by loads of E.coli-ridden fingers.

Umm, maybe I'll buy the clingfilmed stuff next time...

David

Reply to
Lobster

In message , Lobster wrote

Who do you think packs it?

Reply to
Alan

Whilst that is generally the case, it is always as well to check the prices. I was just about to select a few handfuls of Sainsbury's sprouts before Christmas, when I spotted that their bagged ones were less than half the price per kilo that they were loose.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Hopefully just a single set of E.coli-ridden fingers (and with luck, encased in plastic gloves?)

David

Reply to
Lobster

-------------------8><

It's easy enough to avoid the ones that are 100% smaller...

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

Buy one get a 100% smaller one free every time!

Reply to
Invisible Man

I agonised for ages as to whether I should use 100% (bigger) or 50% (smaller).

Perhaps I chose the wrong one :-(

tim

Reply to
tim.....

In the company I work for, certain ball-park estimates for internal charging are qualified as being +/- 100%.We all know what's intended but nobody, other than me, seems to question the expression.

Reply to
Appelation Controlee