Check your flues...

I noticed a few feathers stuck on the CH boiler balanced flue. It was a bit odd that they seemed to be on the outlet, so I went up to have a look.

What I found can be downloaded from here (it's a 230K jpg):

can't see how it got stuck. The flue has been there 7 years, and nothing has stuck to it before.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Well there is still space for another tit on the other side of the opening... just as well they don't come in pairs... oh hang on a mo!

Reply to
John Rumm

My guess is it went in there to investigate using it as an over-wintering bird box, and when the boiler fired up, it couldn't get out in time (flue gas temperature would become fatal in a second or two with a conventional boiler).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Maybe it 'flu' in?

koff.