Cheapest single impeller pump?

We ave a mixer tap with a spray nozzle in our utility romm that we use for wahing our dog sometime. However, the hot flow is poor and I was wondering about adding a single impeller pump. Given it's for occasional use only, a cheap pump would be adequate.

Can't find much under £100 on-line so far. Any other suggestions?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Where does the hot water come from?

Reply to
dennis

I think 100 quid is about the going rate. Might be cheaper to provide a system which works on low pressure as it's a utility room. The mixer you've got is probably for mains pressure only - most are these days, unless you search around.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What is pressure like at your other hot taps? Maybe a whole system pump would be a better approach? That way you would get some benefit from it everywhere. Or a bucket/watering can and pulley? Or check why that room is so bad - half-closed valve? Crud in pipe?

Reply to
Rod

You can use a twin impeller one and split / combine the feed and output.

Reply to
John Rumm

Can't see that being much cheaper. ;-)

The annoying thing is, about 6 months ago I threw out a low voltage shower boost pump (for fitting inside the shower enclosure) that would have done the job. It had been kicking around unused for a couple of years so chances are it might have been seized but annoying nonetheless.

I bought the mixer tap on the promise that it was suitable for gravity fed HW but it was only after fitting and throwing away the packaging that I found it recommends half a bar absolute minimum and preferably mains pressure or pumped supply. Teach me for bieng so impetuous. :-(

I could convert my whole HW system to pumped (there is already a shower pump that would do the job upstairs) with a little bit of replumbing but I don't really fancy having the pump running all the time I've got the kitchen hot tap on a slow trickle as I often have when washing up.

Might think about vented heat-bank/thermal store if DIY costs aren't too high. A full mains pressure HW tank is just too pricy I think.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Well they are more readily available, so you might find a bargain.

half a bar is only 15' of head... but then again "minimum" might just mean water comes out but perhaps not at a rate that is any use to man or beast.

Unless you can insulate the noise from the pump well...

Indeed, next years job for me as well I think!

Reply to
John Rumm