cheapest prog room therm with setback?

any idea which is the cheapest prog room therm with set back (i.e get temp to desire at fixed time - heating held off if warmer?)

Reply to
pete

I think the Tower / Horstmann stat item 48797 at

is about as cheap as they come at ~£23 inc vat ex del. Similar prices elsewhere. Might be worth pushing the boat out and getting one of it's £30 competitors if looks are important. One problem observed with some of these stats is the possibility of heating lock-on if the battery fails while in a heating period. There is a sleek mains one produced by Heatmiser
but it isn't widely stocked and is twice the price.

Reply to
Toby

Yes, I'm very happy with my Sunvic one (actually 3). 30 quid from B&Q. 7 day (5/2 if desired) with hourly granularity but unlimited changes (well 24, anyway). Low profile. Shows current temperature, time, current day's programme, call for heat and manual override at all times. Backlit. The setback is effective and is selectable on or off.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle