Cheapest Freeview

Wow - you're right! Nice review of it here:

for that

David Hearn

£160 sounds a bit steep though - £40 for a decoder, £40 for a video recorder, and £80 for being able to record off the program guide. ATM freeview only works on "now and next" program guide content, but there are plans to make it a full EPG soon, and the recorder would download an update as and when this happened.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

"David Hearn" wrote in news:br7lhl$nan$ snipped-for-privacy@news.ukfsn.org:

I don't know if I ought to chime in here, but it is said, (and I've no personal knowledge) that the Setpal tuner from Novopal is superior.

It is only on a few models - I would certainly check it out if I were buying, but to answer the response to a crack I made earlier, even with BBC4 and Radio 6 I'm not tempted!

Of course now Murdoch has booted Ch5 off freesky, that could be a reason for buying if 5 is a problem

mike r

mik

Reply to
mike ring

You may think they're pointless (and I would agree that I wouldn't have one) but I can think of some people that would say "you're not having any more boxes stacked up by the television!" This neatly sidesteps the problem of adding another function - the manufacturers know thats their market and price it accordingly.

Reply to
John W

That review mentioned something about Setpal.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith

In message , Michael Mcneil writes