Cheap waterproof box

After much googling I've still not found what I'm looking for, so wonder if anyone here knows of any possible sources please? I want a cheap weatherproof box to contain a low voltage transformer, mains socket, timer, etc, for my pond light and pump setup. About 12" x 10" x 8" should be adequate, but bigger is no problem as I can hide it behind some plants. I'll drill holes for getting the various cables in (and maybe use cable glands to keep these waterproof, if I can't improvise something myself).

If it comes to it, I suppose I could make one myself, although I'm not confident of sealing the lid completely.

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

CPC Farnell have one in their festive lights section of a special offers mag.

EN8229302 £ 8.95 IP55 Weatherproof box 150H x 380W x 320D mm It has a rubber seal around the lid, meant for xmas light txfrs etc

But, I can't find it on their website..... Perhaps you could ring 'em 08701 20 25 30

Reply to
Pete Cross

Try:

John Rumm

TLC do a range of waterproof boxes to IP55

such as:

Rick Hughes

One of the larger food-saver type plastic boxes?

Maybe with duct tape around the lid for added waterproofing if necessary

Reply to
OG

If you're going to buy this sort of thing and want to save a few bob it might be worth waiting until the new year when people have stopped using them to help festoon their houses with flashing reindeer and animated santa clauses (bah humbug). Lower demand, lower prices.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

Somthing like this do?

Toby

Smaller one at the bottom of this link...

the above does not work properly...

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

In message , Terry Pinnell wrote

search for IP66

You don't need an account with CPC as long as you pay by card at the time of ordering.

Reply to
Alan

Noticed in a flier that Maplin sell them. Not very cheap, though. But quite large.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks all, much appreciate the helpful replies. About to order the plastic CPC box suggested by Pete & John, but see 'Awaiting Delivery', Clearly in great demand despite the financial situation ;-)

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Just got this

The Medway Handyman

In message , Pete Cross writes

That's 01772 654455

btw

Reply to
geoff

I wanted a water proof box for an in door security camera I wanted to try out in the garden as a sort of cheap bill oddie winter watch. I got a plastic box from the local poundshop. Seems to do the trick. Although I did have to cut a few holes for cables and the lens etc....

I want a

Reply to
whisky-dave