Cheap timber

Lots of cheap timber for sale (5260 tonnes of it). Dorset coastal area.

Warning: Maybe a little damp and smell of fish.

Reply to
David in Normandy

Good, build a box and get someone to nail you inside it.

Reply to
john

In message , john writes

Wow!!! Such venom. :(

Reply to
Si

Nice.

Welcome - your first posting in this newsgroup AFAIK? In it you choose to insult one of the regulars (presumably you think he's spamming?). Before your next post you might want to bone up on current affairs?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Damn, I missed this. I could've been beachcoming today :-(

John (South Dorset)

Reply to
John Anderton

Its always the same for me, something good happens just after I have done something else!

I have only just moved away from the Isle of Wight where wood was always washing ashore, to Northamptonshire and this happens! Sods law again I suppose!

Peter.

Reply to
petercharlesfagg

Apparently it's not started washing up yet

Andy Burns

The Receiver of Wrecks has already warned that rights of ownership are being retained and that the Police have been instructed to act against anyone who tries to salvage it.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

"nightjar .me.uk>"

He must be pining for it. ;-)

Reply to
George

So will the owner of the ship be paying for this use of policing? (Like football teams are having to do?)

Reply to
mogga

Probably, via insurance.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If global warming continues to raise the sea level, you could find yourself back on the coast.

John

Reply to
John

That's fir sure.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Mm, but I'm sure if they cedar stuff washed up on the shore, the salvagers will still ply their trade. At least it will keep the beaches spruced up though.

Reply to
Lobster

Any attempt to remove the timber will be theft and therefore the police will leap into action just like they do when any of us has stuff nicked.

All that's happened is that ownership has been declared and the law clarified for the benefit of all including the police.

John

Reply to
John

The natives will have to embark on the clean-up operation,bet ya he's not going to be very poplar

Reply to
George

It's only softwood, so maybe the rights will be waived

Reply to
Stuart Noble

That's oak k then.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

You wood have thought so, woodn't you?

-- Rob

Reply to
Rob Hamadi

Shouldn't that be "At least it will keep the beeches spruced up though"?

I'll get my coat... :)

Reply to
Peter Watson