Cheap supplier of Barlow Radiators??

Hi Folks,
I have been working my way around the house replacing my c.h. radiators. I have been using the ones from Wickes - round topped and rather attractive. However, I now need a size which they don't stock. After investigating, I've found out that they are Barlow radiators.
Does anyone know a reasonably cheap supplier for these radiators in the Chester/Wirral/Liverpol areas.
Thanks in advance,
Alan
     snipped-for-privacy@marconi.com (Alan Darlington) writes:

I think Plumb Centre do them. Don't know if that chain extends up to your area though, and I've no idea how they compare on price. When I did my heating, I found best radiator selection in my area was from a tiny little high street plumbers, although you had to order them a day in advance (but at least they hadn't been sitting in the place for 6 months getting bent and twisted). They even did triple panels, which I used in a few places where they were a good fit.
--
Andrew Gabriel

snipped-for-privacy@marconi.com (Alan Darlington) writes:

City Plumbing (River Lane, Chester) do Barlow round tops - 320, 420, 520, 620 & 720 heights / widths every 100 up to 1400 then in 200mm increments. They have a double price list retail and trade; you should be able to get the cash trade price if you go during the week.
Examples from August price list: h w type exc vat 620 x 600 single 16.21 620 x 600 P+ 28.28 620 x 600 double 31.89 620 x 1400 single 39.47 620 x 1400 P+ 68.83 620 x 1400 double 77.64
--
Toby.

On 3 Oct 2003 07:23:03 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@marconi.com (Alan Darlington) wrote:

Travis Perkins carry Barlo.
Other merchants can get them but usually to order. Pricing will depend on your negotiating skills but if you don't get a discount of at least equivalent to the VAT you are not trying.
You could also try Discounted Heating, who are an online supplier and basically arrange for your local merchant to supply but using their discount.
Another option is Plumb Center's own brand which is rebadged Myson - round top and inexpensive aqnd similar to Barlo.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
(Alan

Hi Gents,
Thanks for the swift replies and helpful advice,
Cheers,
Alan