Cheap remote control sockets

Thursday @ Lidl, may be of interest to some here;

Electric Sockets - Remote Controlled Set of 4 receivers and transmitter Remote control with 4 on/off controls and master switch

2990W maximum load per socket Child safety protection device which prevents children from putting any objects into the socket 1 socket with dimmer controls for lights Remote control transmission range of 40m 9V battery included 3 Year manufacturer?s warranty Price per item £14.99

Sim C.

got a set of these last year 'cos I thought they would be very = usefull. Got them and took them home and had a play and they worked very well, = spent a couple of days anoying the kids with them (Turning there cd = player and lights on and off etc), then got bored and put them back in = the box untill I could think of a good reason to use them, after a = couple of months found them sitting in the bottom of a cupboard and as I = hadn't used them put them on Ebay, they sold for =A326.00 :-)

They worked very well and I still think they are a good Idea but I = personally havent got a good reason to get any.

Reply to
Graeme

got a set of these last year 'cos I thought they would be very usefull. Got them and took them home and had a play and they worked very well, spent a couple of days anoying the kids with them (Turning there cd player and lights on and off etc), then got bored and put them back in the box untill I could think of a good reason to use them, after a couple of months found them sitting in the bottom of a cupboard and as I hadn't used them put them on Ebay, they sold for £26.00 :-)

They worked very well and I still think they are a good Idea but I personally havent got a good reason to get any.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

> I got a set of these last year 'cos I thought they would be very usefull.

I have a good reason to get one.

My parents use 3 table lamps and 1 cabinet display light in their lounge. These are all supplied by normal plug sockets. That is my Xmas shopping done for the surprise present.

Thanks Sim C for the link

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Make sure that the units are accessible. These units lose their settings sometimes, so you need to be able to get at them to reprogramme.

regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Who makes them .

regards Darren

Reply to
Darren Forward

> I got a set of these last year 'cos I thought they would be very usefull.

Could you tell me how the remote control works? Is it RF or Infra-Red? If it is infrared then I would be quite interested as I could program my Pronto remote to power on my subwoofer then. I could also use it to turn lamps on and off which would be quite cool.

Reply to
Ric

>>> I got a set of these last year 'cos I thought they would be very = usefull.

Infra-Red? If=20

They work on RF So you can sit in bed and turn the kettle on downstairs, Assuming you = filled it up and then set the switch the night before !!

Reply to
Graeme

Mandolyn International Ltd sell them and they are RF controlled. I have had one total failure(ie scrap) after a power cut.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol