Cheap jigsaw!

product code 710/6811, was £59.99, now £6!

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

Out of stock. Annoyingly it seemed to take the order, but screwed up on a cookie error before the end. When I restarted, it was out of stock.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I managed to reserve one online for collection at my local store.

Try the "Click and Collect" option on the left hand side of the screen.

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

Have you tried reserving one in store via the web site ?

Reply to
Jason Pearce

In message , sPoNiX writes

Yup - I pick mine up tomorrow. Brilliant. Now I just have to find a use for it.....

Reply to
mike. buckley

Done!

They have none in Bromley, Kent now!

Sparks..

Reply to
Sparks

Pick up a Hammer drill while you are there (With free dustbuster):

sPoNiX

In message , sPoNiX writes

Ah, but I've just spent 90 quid on a Bosch SDS and got a free electric screwdriver with it as well. Very happy with the SDS - first one I've ever used, but it's making flush fitting electric sockets into a brick wall very easy indeed.

mike. buckley

I have now. (not the jigsaw, the 18V cordless hammer/drill)

I note that it says "the price you pay will be the price in the store on the day." Are all the prices in all stores and the websites identical?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I have just bought two. £59? It does not appear a £59 machine as Argos are selling 700w jig saws for around £40. It is not their own Challenge range, but Direct Power. It is reasonably well made by the feel and for £6 an absolute bargain. It is far better than the B&D crap I currently have that cost a far, far more than £6. Comes complete with case and saws. Buy a few and keep them for Xmas presents.

Reply to
IMM

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

diy->power-tools->specail offers.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I had a little go of it and it goes f4 position pendulum positions. Vacumm cleaner adaptor to extract dust (very handy), No tool quick change blade mechanism works well, and very handy too

6 blades

Oh and a 3 year warranty.

For £6 I'm glad I bought 2.

Reply to
IMM

I'm sure Andy would think I should have paid £150 for one Makita. Mmmmm...I prefer to pay £6, ..............or to hell with it and pay £12 for two.

Reply to
IMM

I distinctly remember it listing the cleaner adaptor and no tool change mechanism being mentioned, and the 6 blades.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Actually no.

I paid just over £100 for a very good Bosch one.

If you read previous threads on jigsaws, you would find that there is an enormous difference between a £30 B&D jigsaw and a professional grade one.

At one stage I had one of the B&D ones and had assumed that all jigsaws had wandering blades, high vibration and generally poor handling.

I had the opportunity to try out one of the Bosch ones and it's like chalk and cheese. I do quite a lot of work with it.

If you're going to buy a £30 jigsaw and you're only going to do occasional and rough work with it, then I agree, go and buy the £6 one. You wouldn't even bother to return it to the store when it breaks.

I assume they come with a motor? ;-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Ian Stirling writes

Seem to be IME, I think it's too cover themselves in the situation where you reserve it one day and the prices change the next

Reply to
chris French

The one I just bought was going for £60, so that makes it the equiv of the Bosch as they overcharge.

A Power Devil just beat a DeWalt jigsaw in a Which test.

My new £6 one is spot on.

And a 3 year guarantee, which the Bosch does not have.

Reply to
IMM

If you want to believe that, it's up to you.

For tool purchases, Which? would be the last place I'd look for comparisons.

I'm pleased to hear that.

Completely irrelevant. When it breaks, are you really going to take the trouble to take it back to Argos?

Do you imagine that they will have stock to replace it? The maximum that you will get is a £6 voucher which won't even cover your bus fare, let alone the time involved.

Why do you imagine that the price is £6? Either the product is a total dud and didn't sell, or it's an end of line, or both.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall