Cheap electricity?

A few minutes ago I was casually looking at some electric fires in B&Q and noticed a sticker nearby giving the approximate running costs - based on electricity at 0.07p/kWh. I wonder where they get their power from!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

about 1995 !!!

Reply to
Staffbull

Perhaps 7p then, but surely not 0.07p !

Reply to
Frank Erskine

It wasn't that cheap even back then. Read it again, carefully.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

prolly meant =A30.07

Reply to
Staffbull

The message from "Staffbull" contains these words:

It was about 100 times that in 1995.

Reply to
Guy King

Using their new wind generator thingy?

David

Reply to
Lobster

When challenged they'll brush it off. When finally challenged hard enough they'll say oops, little mistake, we'll put it right now. Meanwhile many an unaware buyer's been sold goods on false pretences. Same old game.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I was thinking about mentioning it to them, but they've recently done away with the customer service desk - even the returns desk is now part of the checkout "suite". It would be a waste of time talking to an orange-aproned droid, I suppose.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

It's only 0.55p (no typo) more than that now.

Was the actual calculated useage also a factor of 100 out?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I didn't bother to read much more after such a c*ck-up!

I think it did imply a cost of 7p per unit however, but "we" still haven't really got the hang of decimal currency, when "we" talk about "one pence" for example.

Bring back real British currency! Most of us could cope with long multiplication and division of real money for our 11+ exam...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

No, bring back 11+ exams...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Or move here, where we still have them...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Your point being that it's "one penny"??

Decimal system makes sense to me, except for distance for which inches, feet and yards seem to be more intuitive but don't ask me how many yards there are in a mile.

Reply to
adder1969