Cheap and nasty toilet seat

Bought a white plastic toilet seat from the well known DIY chain H******e, reduced in price because it looked like it had a dirt mark at the back. It turns out that the paint is chipped and there's grey plastic underneath!

Is this really how they make them these days - recycled grey plastic overpainted white? LOL

Reply to
Hooch

Sounds like you bought the bog-standard model from the bottom of the range. It was probably made in China where it would be top of the range, so they wouldn't poo poo it. It's an ill wind .....

Reply to
DIY

Is £25 considered bottom range cheap for a bog seat?

Reply to
Hooch

No, not in my experience, I would expect a mid-range seat for that price. That stinks, you got a bum deal, sounds like a crap seat to me.

Reply to
DIY

No, the really crap one is the wooden one I once bought from Homebase (there was a slae on, and they had a load of these, it was a good price).

When I went to install it, I found it was resealed returned stock. Second hand. With MARKS on it.... Yuck.

Reply to
Bob Eager

No problem. it's going back to the shop on Wednesday, just as soon as the Missus gets back with her credit card.

Reply to
Hooch

Dunno. That's what a solid wood one costs from the builders merchant. /

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , The Natural Philosopher writes

For those of us who pee standing up, it is amazing how many solid wood seats fail to remain upright. Is this due to retro fitting where the original seat was OK?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Sht, thats terrible. You poor-s**-layin down your wedge for crap like that.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

yup. A thin plastic seat is further back when opened.

Always install from new with wood..than the pan can be pulled a little forward WRT the cistern..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher