Chattering selenoid valve on Boiler

Hi.

I have a Worcester Bosch oil fired boiler about 6 years old. During the winter only the selenoid valve on the oil inlet chatters and makes a helluva noise. In the warmer weather it is as quiet as a lamb. I live in a country area and suspect that the mains voltage is dropping due to more load on the overhead cables that feed our village. How can I check and is there a statutary voltage that the supplier must meet?

Reply to
Merryterry

Had a similar problem with a mates gas fire recently. It turned out that water had got into the coil on the valve. Replaced the coil an it was fine. (he also has a low mains voltage problem - which did not seem to affect the repaired valve though).

230V +10%/-6% (i.e. 216 - 253V)
Reply to
John Rumm