chasing copper pipe into wall

Fitting a shower want to hide the pipe behind plaster can I use compression fittings or has it got to be soldered joints. or would plastic flexi pipe connect to the original copper. Thank you for any help.

Reply to
Jo King

I use copper with soldered elbows where the pipes turn to come out of the wall, or plastic with a compression elbow. In either case test for water-tightness before plastering and tiling in (obviously)

Reply to
John Stumbles

...and its no bad idea to fit an insulation sleeve round it to prevent plaster contacing copper - and allow for expansion.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Then you should rip it out. You DO NOT put copper inside a plastered wall. The copper must be protected. This is the problem when amateurs give advice - the wrong advice.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

In the couple of power showers I have fitted in various houses I have done: both final run to valve in copper and final run in plastic, with elbow to copper and into valve.. All chased into the wall.

According to one shower pump instructions, plastic is recommended as there is less conducted noise in to the walls, though not noticed any difference.

Only joints I had in the wall were the last elbow to the valve, which in my case were soldered on the bench or pushed together with plastic, thoroughly inspected/tested before being buried in the wall.

Reply to
Ian_m

I threaded the 15mm copper into 20mm electrical conduit, and the two together bend quite nicely with a 22mm pipe bender, which I used to get the tails sticking out of the wall under the bath without having an elbow in the wall. I kept the bends shallow (like 135º) so the copper could still move inside the conduit, to allow for expansion.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:55:25 +0100, "Doctor Evil" strung together this:

He does you know. I take it you haven't learnt how to read yet.

Go on then, as you know so much what with being a pro and everything, protected from what, why and how?

So many comments springing to mind, now which one to choose.......

Reply to
Lurch

It is clear you don't know. Just do as I say and accept it.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil