Chasing basin waste into wall?

Doing up utility room/wc.

One solid (house bricks and plaster) wall has short run (0.5m) of h and c copper pipes and basin waste along wall and up to cabinet below basin. Had planned to box these in and tile over. However as we have spent a lot of money on the sanitaryware and tiles, wondering if we should go to the effort of chasing these into the wall.

Most of the threads on wall chasing refer to conduit or water pipes. Is it a realistic option to bury basin waste into solid wall? Is it wise (leaks). Was planning on using SDS and chisel as run is short.

Reply to
mjbarnard

Should be easy enough to lose 34mm waste pipe in most walls - if you are tiling it does not need to be particularly deep.

I would use solvent weld pipe and fittings - once glued they will never come appart!.

SDS with a chisel bit is the way to go.

Reply to
John Rumm