Changing pump on combi without draining system?

I have a Baxi Genesis 80 combi.

If I close the return and flow valves under the boiler, can I exchange the pump without fear of water pouring out?

Reply to
dog-man

You'll get the water in the heat exchanger and the expansion vessel, under pressure. Don't know the baxi but my halstead has a drain valve/pipe near the isolation valves for just this purpose. DON'T release the pressure using the pressure relief valve because it may not re-seat.

Reply to
Newshound

Sort of. The water will stay in the rads but the water in the boiler is about 5 litres and under pressure, usually there is a provision to drain this seperately.

Reply to
Ed Sirett