Changing electricity supplier?

Having got to the situation where I haver to tell Powergen what my meter readings are on line..all the sites seem to say that my best supplier for my usage would be BRITISH GAS????

Something like 15-20% savings...

Currently I am on direct debit...

Using online stuff to keep my meter readings synched with powergens estimates.

Anyone got any horror stories about BG as an electricity supplier?

or the perils of changing standing orders..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'll just say that "all the sites" were using a rate for my current supplier much higher than I was currently paying. They get a big bonzana if someone swaps.

I'd got some sort of guaranteed rate a few years ago.

Worth checking.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

In message , The Natural Philosopher writes

We moved to them earlier in the year, been fine so far.

Never had any problems

Reply to
chris French

Try conparing the tariffs to

- they`ve just put their prices up 30% and they`re still (afaik) competitive - they`re non- profit, which is heard to beat in a commercial world...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Yes - I've swapped a couple of times now, and I at least always make sure that I check the identified cheapest company (and maybe the top

2-3?) using manual calculations; as Derek says, it's not always the same result! Doesn't help much if the site has *overestimated* the rates charged by a competitor which accordingly gets missed off the reccommended list altogether of course.

Also worth running the comparison on more than one site to check for consistency but IIRC most of them seem to use the same search tool.

David

Reply to
Lobster

You may wish to read this first. BG may not be the cheapest for long:

L Reid