Changing bathroom light fitting

Purchased a new bathroom light fitting to replace a standard plastic one. Trouble is when I removed the current fitting, the wiring had no give at all and would not stretch far enough to the terminals on the new fitting. The wiring is basically protruding from the ceiling by about 2 cm - I need about another 4!

How do I get around this? - being an IT person the only way I can think of it to connect a box connector and buy some cable (feel I might get flamed for that!!)

Any help appreciated

jonni

Reply to
pmakesp

On Mon, 31 May 2004 10:31:34 +0100, "pmakesp" strung together this:

Best solution would be to pull the existing cables back into the loftspace above asnd fit a junction box, then run a single piece of

1mm twin and earth from the junction box to the light fitting.
Reply to
Lurch

Thanks for that! - could I trouble you to point me to the correct junction box on Screwfix's site?

Much appreciated!

Jonni

Reply to
pmakesp

You may also find that you can find more slack from above.

Reply to
Nige

On Mon, 31 May 2004 11:45:18 +0100, "pmakesp" strung together this:

Lurch