Changing a lamp safely

Why should the rest of the country ruin their fun because of your paranoid dog. Get it a trick cyclist or something.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

I have known a few fuckwits break fittings trying to open them the wrong way.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Am 11.11.2012 22:46, ARW wrote: [Responding to some troll]

Scottish AND red head? Reminds me... You were the motorist? ;-)

Matthias Czech

The only sexy redhead I know is actually blonde, she dyes her hair red.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Stage 1: Fill out the risk assessment form. Stage 2: Contact a scaffolding company. A ladder isn't safe at heights above 2 inches. Stage 3: Remove bulb Stage 4: Get the light fitting PA Tested Stage 5: Fit new energy saving bulb Stage 6: Contact local Building Control office

Reply to
alan

That is too close to the truth to be funny.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Stage 1a: Fill in the risk assessment form.

Reply to
Tim Streater

:-) I too hate this newspeak you get in offices. I can't think of any at the moment, but there are several classic stupid things managers tell you to do.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

Stage 2A: Turn off power to entire area.

Removing a bulb without doing so is asking for trouble.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Whats the matter with you man? Are you trying to kill people?

You have Stage 2A in the wrong place it should be Stage 1B (I think there is a 1A else where in the Subject:).

You can't have scaffolders construction scaffolding near live electrical cables.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

No, it was social workers. It takes just one, but the lamp must really want to change.

Indeed:

Lieutenant Scott

OMG! What was I thinking?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not one of you suggested gloves. What if the bulb broke, the worker yelped, slipped off the scaffolding, banged his head on the way down, and even worse, landed on top of a health and safety officer?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

couldn't you make the scaffolding out of plastic pipe?

Reply to
charles

And go through the expense of all the shock load testing?

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

What about using a worker who doesn't speak good English. Then it's easy to blame him when he gets injured.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

Bamboo is a possibilty. But that has a fire risk...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The health sand safety morons have been after them too!

Lieutenant Scott

That would be a result, wouldn't it?

Reply to
Tim Streater