Changed thing re ectractor fan

I had a previous post re an extractor fan and the more I think about it the more I am leaning towards a humidifier instead. It is mainly for the wifes shower room but would also be useful when she hangs washing on the clothes horse over winter, so portable would be best. My question is how to power it (240v) as I would assume there are restrictions in a shower room ie no sockets etc. Is the answer to find the nearest socket and plug in after showering? Apart from very basics I shy away from electrical work so looking for a simple safe solution.

Reply to
ss

In article , ss writes

If you want a dehumidifier then buy one by all means but fit a fan in the bathroom too, the one is not a substitute for the other. As a separate issue, you will not be able to use the dehumidifier safely in the bathroom but you could use it in another small space or in a bedroom to similar effect (drying washing that is).

Reply to
fred

/Is the answer to find the nearest socket and plug in after showering? /q

Yes, on the landing perhaps? Leave the showeroom door ajar..... It'll take minimum of a couple of hours to catch up mind.....

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Maybe put an FCU in the bathroom

With a dh in there, a fan really adds no extra functionality.

NT

Reply to
meow2222