change of angle / curve on plasterboard ceiling

On my extension ceiling there is to be a line where the ceiling goes from 12 degree slope to horizontal, producing an "external" angle. Best way to board it so the plasterer can do a good job ? I think a single line joint, even taped, is asking for future cracks, so a radius may be better, over, say, 50mm. How would I board this out to produce a smooth bend ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

You can buy flexible plasterboard for this purpose; it usually has grooves in it to create the flex. You can use it either way - bend and close the grooves or bend and fill the grooves.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

flexible plastic plastering bead & plenty screws?

JimK

Reply to
JimK

In article , sm_jamieson writes

I'd say ask the plasterer but otherwise use galvanised corner bead, it'll stay where you put it and it can be bent and hacked about to suit. Make sure there is a continuous batten at the corner to support both bead and plasterboard but don't tape over the joint. Bead should be proud by the amount that you intend to skim by.

Reply to
fred