Change Fullex UPVC front door lock for "Lift and Lock" type?

For security reasons I want change our front door lock to a "Lift And Lock" type that locks when you lift the handle. Is that possible? Do I need to change the whole lock?

Will I need to change the whole lock (i.e. top and bottom deadbolts)? The locking mechansim? The spindle?

Can anyone recommend a reliable online retailer?

There are some pictures here:

* Distance between screws - 215mm

  • Distance between handle and cylinder - 68mm
  • Distance between cylinder and edge of door - 35mm
  • Two deadbolts in the frame as well as central deadlock

Thanks!

Reply to
Scrump

I don't think such a lock exists, but lots of people with them falsely believe the door locks when you lift the handle, and get burgled as a result of it not actually being locked at all.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

've sent them an email, but want an opinion from uk.d-i-y)

That is exactly what has just happened to us!

Reply to
Scrump

So can a second person unlock the door with a key once this lock has been "locked" from the inside? If not this could be a real PITA in our household.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Looking at the pictures it seems that your lock mechanism is an almost intregal part of the door, obviously it must be replaceable but can't tell by your pictures. Retain the existing cylinder though. Some multi points do deadlock by lifting the handle, the only way to unlock is by key.

Reply to
Scabbydug

Oh, sorry to hear that. :-(

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It's remarkable how completely deviod of any useful technical information their website and the downloadable PDF are. Makes you think they must be trying to hide something.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Hmmm - just got this email from "Handles And Hinges":

Reply to
Scrump

Hmmm - just got this email from "Handles And Hinges":

Hi,

I am sorry to inform you that due to quality issues the lift& lock handle sales are currently suspended. Please accept my apologies in this matter.

xxxx xxxxxx Service Engineer Handles & Hinges UPVC Maintenance Ltd

Reply to
Scrump