Change drum Bearing Hoover WE140 was/dry .. how easey whats needed? kit ?

Machine is a few years old now , but work's fine appart from ....

Machine is making so much noise on 'spin' that you cannot hold a conversation in the same room .... also drum feels rough when turned by hand ..

So would seem that the drum bearing has worn out ... l

Looks like the parts are in supply ... but to do the job what do I need to buy in ..?????

Bearing is the obvious one , but do I need to change the seals at the same time ( I see there as seals listed in the parts list's (ok rerplace if worn) ... is there a 'kit of parts' listed for the job ?

As I have not seen the machine with the back off for a while , I have no idea as to whats involved .. special tool ? of just the usuall ??

Tnx - G .

Reply to
Graham

Take off the rear panel etc. Make note of the bearing number from the seal/shield. Get replacement form local bearing stockist. Change seal at same time wherever it's located.

Job done

Reply to
Mr Alun Davies

Take it then the bearing is a standard item ? is it a push fit on shaft ? do i need any puller or somethig like ?? can lay hands on these ...

Thanks for the info .... are the seals 'standard' item you can get from bearing supply / auto bearing supply ..of you need to buy 'special items made for hoover??'

presume its mounted on some form of spider .. suppose it will be obvious with the back off - !

Tnx - Graham .

Reply to
Graham