Change bearing on washingmachine

Hi

I have a Brandt/Blomberg WFH 1671 N.

6 months ago a few washes smelled of oil. I didnt think of it, thought that maybe it came from the clothes.

Now the bearing is failing - gaaaa.

Anyway - any input on how difficult it is to:

- Change the bearings

- Change the seal

- Make sure the machine is watertight after repair.

Best regards

Jens Jakob

Reply to
jj92_2

Based on my experience of replacing the drum bearing on a Bosch I would say that this is advanced DIY and unless you have some background in washing machine repairs, and you are familiar with the procedure for the Brandt/Blomberg, and have the right tools, it is best left to a washing machine engineer. Depending on the age and general condition this might not be an economical repair after labour charges and VAT.

Reply to
Codswallop

The message from "Codswallop" contains these words:

I've done a Hoover and a Zanussi and neither was too difficult. Took a couple of hours and one bit was a lot easier for having someone else there to help lift.

Reply to
Guy King