Champagne mixer basin taps

On holiday in Italy the hotel had a basin with a mixer tap. The water came out in a stream similar to the "champagne" effect on my shower, full of bubbles. I guess this is caused by an aerator.

Has anyone seen such taps for sale in the UK? I want it to be a fairly traditional design, and in gold effect finish.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I remember them as a kid in England. We always had one on the kitchen cold water tap, from about the 60s onwards. Except then it was achieved by a plastic nozzle, about an inch and half in diameter and 2 inches long, one pushed onto the tap outlet. The plastic was flexible and slightly pleated so that one could direct the water flow, which was very convenient, and I agree about the lack of splashing. We also always thought the aerated water tasted fresher.

I may be wrong, but I think they were called "Spa Flo".

Barbara

Reply to
Barbara

You can buy them for about €3.00 in any French DIY store. Beware if you don't have a pressurised system as they don't work at all well on low pressure; you' might just get a dribble and the water won't mix if the pressure isn't balanced. I get away with them in my house as the header tank's just about high enough to give me 0.5 bar. When I've got the pump going, they'll be just fine.

Cheers,

TC

Reply to
TC

I wish this thread had happened three months ago. The plastic diffuser on our kitchen tap sheared off when I was unscrewing it to descale it. After a couple of weeks trying to find a replacement (I found the exact same tap in Homebase but couldn't find who made it) I gave up and Araldited the bit of the old one back onto the tap.

I'm now debating if I can remove it, especially get all the Araldite out of the threads, so I can fit one of these.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

So, back to my original Q ;-)

Anyone know where I can get one on a basin mixer in a fairly traditional design, and in gold effect finish. A "plug-on" doobry is not an option.

Reply to
invalid unparseable