Chair webbing

I have a chair that was not fitted with enough of that flexible webbing that supports the cushion. I want to insert more. Anyone know where this stuff is available? Does it have to be sewn into place?

Reply to
timegoesby

Either upholstery suppliers or upholsterers will supply both the hessian and the elastic type. As for stitching or other mentods, this depends on ther design of the chair.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Reply to
Yekal

Isn't there a bit of knack to getting webbing taut enough, though? I don't think it's not just a case of pulling it hard and stapling it.

(At least, my wife -- who knows her upholstery stuff -- uses a wooden block to increase the tension. She gets the webbing from a small local upholstery shop.)

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle

tention, but the black & white web (English) or the jute web are put on with a tentioner.

Reply to
Yekal

On 22 Feb 2004, Yekal wrote

Ah, that explains it: I've only ever seen the black and white webbing stuff.

Thanks for clarifying it for me.

Reply to
Harvey Van Sickle