Chair webbing

I have a chair that was not fitted with enough of that flexible webbing that supports the cushion. I want to insert more. Anyone know where this stuff is available? Does it have to be sewn into place?
timegoesby wrote in message

Either upholstery suppliers or upholsterers will supply both the hessian and the elastic type. As for stitching or other mentods, this depends on ther design of the chair.
Bob
These elastic webs are usually stapled to the frame before the chair is upholstered, I have never come across them being sewn, there are a couple of different grades of elastic web, or if you want to spend more money you could go for Pirelli web (rubber). We sell elastic web at 1 per metre and Pirelli at 2.50 per metre.

Isn't there a bit of knack to getting webbing taut enough, though? I don't think it's not just a case of pulling it hard and stapling it.
(At least, my wife -- who knows her upholstery stuff -- uses a wooden block to increase the tension. She gets the webbing from a small local upholstery shop.)
--
Cheers,
Harvey

a tentioner.

On 22 Feb 2004, Yekal wrote

Ah, that explains it: I've only ever seen the black and white webbing stuff.
Thanks for clarifying it for me.
--
Cheers,
Harvey