Chair Mat

I'm looking to buy a chair mat/carpet protector for my newly refurbished study. Apparently Ikea ones are rubbish and chairmats.uk are very good. Any other recommendations?

Reply to
Lawrence

My chair is sitting on a Costco one at the moment. It's heavy clear plastic, with a pattern of small spikes on the underside which stop it walking on the carpet. It's probably a couple of years old now, and was initially under my exercise bike, but has been under the desk for a year or so, and still seems good as new. Can't remember how much it cost.

I do remember it was a bugger to get into a small car - it doesn't want to roll up ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

+1 I also have a Costco one under my chair here, and would recommend it, I think it was about £20
Reply to
Toby

I've got some similar to this one - we got it when I still had my business years ago. We took it home when we closed down.

I use one piece about 3m length across two adjacent desks and we shuffle up and down on it on office chairs. If it's the same weight as the one I have, it's virtually indestructible - we've had it about 15 years.

Reply to
Bob Henson

I've had a couple from Staples. They are fine for a couple or three years and then, though still usable, start to crack. I though it was a one-off problem with the first so won't be getting a third.

I've had an Ikea one for about 2 years and it's still OK (could be different now). Lot cheaper and bigger than Staples' offering.

Reply to
PeterC

I have found the Costco ones to be very good. Very thick and stiff and don't move.

Reply to
Capitol

I got mine in Staples. It came ready rolled - It was a bugger to get straight :-)

tim

Reply to
tim.....