CH system draining.

Hi All,

I need to drain my CH again in the near future in order to fit some new TRV's. I was going to try some pipe freezing but abandoned that just in case of accidents....

Is it ok to lock off all the rads that are not being modified so that the drain time is shorter and the refill is quicker (obviously along with tying the ballcock up in the loft)?

BTW I noticed that although the system and rads are fairly new and fernoxed last year there is still brown sediment in bottom of the header tank. Is that normal (as far as I know the CH is performing ok)?

Thanks, Matthew

Reply to
Matthew

Hardly worth it I'd say. Then you'd need to keep a note of the number of turns on the lockshield to get back to the correct balancing - then check it afterwards.

FWIW, I'd replace all the TRVs at the same time and use a decent make.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)