CH system drain or flush - which first?

Having flushed my CH system and extracted a worrying quantity of iron particles, I have treated it with Fernox chemical flush which is now due for flushing out and replacing with an inhibitor.

Two of the rads, judging from their speed of warm up, may still contain some debris. What's the best way of ensuring that I get the debris out without re-distributing around it the system, which is what I fear will happen if I open one drain c*ck and push clean water in through another through the whole system?

Should I isolate the suspect rads and drain them locally and then remove them for individual flushing?

One is a towel rad with additional electric heater and I suspect that debris may have become trapped around the heater.

TIA

Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

To achieve your first question, the answer to your second is "yes"! Watch the black gunge doesn't get on the carpet (it will if it can).

Reply to
Bob Mannix