CH stat: Honeywell T40 for Drayton Digistat

I want to install a new digital room stat. However, a bit concerned about the wiring. My existing Honeywell T40 has a live, neutral and a "call for heat" (I think). The Drayton Digistat is battery operated. Therefore, why do I need the neutral on my new Digistat? Surely, all the room stat is there fore is to say fire/no fire to the boiler? So, a connection between two wires (live and call) is all that is required?

Not sure :-() Any ideas?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Keyser Sose

You don't: just terminate the free end safely in a single piece of choc block (connector strip)

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Thanks for the reply. So I just need two wires to be connected then? The live and the call? Simple as that? Regards, Steve

Reply to
Keyser Sose

Correct. The neutral on the old stat was the return for the accelerator heater - which helped to reduce hysteresis. The digital stat doesn't need any of that.

Reply to
Roger Mills