CH pump runs 24/7

Perhaps then you'd post here - or give a link - to just how you'd arrange for a pump over-run on a system where the boiler doesn't provide it? So we can all have a good laugh...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And just what has 'heating' to do with wiring the controls?

Perhaps you don't understand the difference.

You really need to learn how to do a 'search'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , IMM writes

Mebbe ...

but it's probably more than anybody here would trust you to do

Reply to
raden

Yeah Sir !!! That would be a good laugh.

It's an easy enough thing to install an pump over run circuit on any system if the heating engineer wanted one fitted. A simple timer control circuit, ready made ones from extractor fans for example, would do the same job if the boiler or control clock doesn't supply one.

I still don't see how IMM can say that a good sparkie couldn't the job properly, and would have to rely on "Thee Heating Engineer" to advise them. It's even easier with the fitter manuals granted, but it's not a hard thing to work out without them.

Reply to
BigWallop

Never throw relays away, eh. :-) Now this could have all been connected by a good electrician, but it's just that they couldn't read to great, or had lost their glasses. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

< snip drivel >

Stick to turning up and down the treble and bass knobs....and wearing DeWalt boots.

Reply to
IMM

< snip drivel >

You don't understand heating.

Reply to
IMM

For about the 5th time!!!! Taking a domestic electrician and asking him to design and install a heating/water system control system is a very silly thing to do. Not their field. They just don't know, unless they have worked with heating and understand the functionality. They are good a CUs and the likes. Do you understand that.

In commercial systems I had the electricians wire up control panels, from drawings, and run "all" cables. Then I would commission. I would have them turn on the power and test to the panel breakers that is all. I tested the rest, and got them back when they screwed up. They didn't have a clue what all the cables were for, what voltage went down them, if it was power or signal, etc.

Reply to
IMM

Maxie, is Dim Lin, the Oriental enchantress, having a go at everyone again? Get her in order maxie.

Reply to
IMM

Oh Maxie! You are joshing again! You are a one.......never stop....always fun.....

Reply to
IMM

There are also relays available with a built in timer circuit, but I made my own.

Of course, perhaps the easier way is to use a thermostat on the output pipe of the boiler designed to run the pump until the water temperature drops to a suitable level. But this would require a competent electrician to work out how - not just someone following a circuit blindly.

Because he hasn't a clue he assumes others are the same...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So one cowboy employs another.

Strange with all your 'experience' you don't know a decent electrician.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So you specified mains and signalling cables in the same runs? See what I mean about you not having a clue about electrics? That can be dangerous. Please use an expert in the future.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

< snip loonacy >
Reply to
IMM

< snip more loonacy >
Reply to
IMM

< snip more loonacy yet again >

Is there a full moon?

Reply to
IMM

I throw used relays away. I never use pumps that have been in service for 3 years or more. Not worth it as they are worn, and more hassle in the long run.

Reply to
IMM

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:16:51 -0000, "IMM" strung together this:

Random laughing at IMM because he's a bit dim. Hey, I'm a poet, and I didn't know..... it.

Reply to
Lurch

But you've got no idea about electrics. So do you know what one looks like?

A pump is the same as a relay. Proves the above point.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If the electricians are only there to, pull his wire, to where you want it to go, then how can there be a problem. You have to know what the wire is for, not them.

If it was your contract to install the heating system and mine to install the electrics for your system, them damn right it's you who commissions your own installations, I only did the electrics. If these so called electricians were working from your drawings and then screwed it up, then they shouldn't be in the job if they couldn't follow the drawings properly. That's if the drawings where actually following an original plan that you hadn't changed at the last minute. So, you would be correct to say these people are useless.

Now give your drawings to a good electrician. If both of you follow the drawings correctly, and any changes are shared between you so mistakes aren't made, then you shouldn't have any problems or worries.

Follow the code guys ;-)

Reply to
BigWallop