CH pipes next to soil pipe

I am working out runs for the CH at the moment and would like advise on whether its possible to install CH pipes parallel to a vertical soil pipe which is on an internal wall. The CH pipes would be insulated and would be boxed in with the soil pipe - is this ok?
John

No problem, just as long as the heating pipes are lagged.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

I hope so! Mine have been boxed in with the soil pipe for the last 30 years! [As far as I recall, they're not lagged - but that wouldn't do any harm].
Roger
Roger Mills wrote:

So have mine for the last 23 years... mine aren't lagged either. All the houses round here were built like this.

As long as they are not in direct contact with the PVC Soil pipe, then it's OK to do this. But as heat efficiency is of more importance today, then lagging the pipes make them slightly better at transfering their heat to where it is needed the most. That's the only reason I said to lag them. :-))
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

You don't say! Hot shit! :-)
John wrote:

yes.

It was in my last house - the heating pipes, water pipes AND soil pipe were all in the same box that ran to both floors......
Not saying it was right, but it worked :)
cheers
witchy/binarydinosaurs