CH header tank leak

Hello,

As you know, I've been working on my CH this week, which has involved draining and filling the CH.

When I went to check in the loft, I found a very slight drip coming from the header tank around the overflow outlet.

The nut is a pig to reach because the tank is small, the ball c*ck is in the way, and it's full of water! It seems finger tight to me. What is the best thing to do?

Should I drain the tank, remove the ball c*ck and try and get a spanner inside to tighten it further?

Should I be checking/replacing/adding a washer?

Should I use some plumber's mait/sealant around the outside?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Fred

In article , Fred scribeth thus

Bodge it!, bend the ball c*ck arm down slightly so it doesn't fill more than it ought!...

Reply to
tony sayer

On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 10:03:38 GMT someone who may be Fred wrote this:-

Water should be nowhere near that level. If it is then when the water expands some will run out of the pipe. The level of the water should be much lower, to give room for expansion. Traditionally this was done by bending the arm of the valve down.

It should be watertight and finger pressure should be enough to compress the rubber washer so it is. I would check the rubber washers are in the right place.

Reply to
David Hansen

Thanks. I shall have to adjust the valve.

Reply to
Fred