CH FAQ - boiler website

It may not have been available when you bought the Highflow, but I find the Rinnai multi point water heaters very good. They deliver high flow rates and never run out. You then need a small system boiler for the heating. The Gledhill Gulfstream, which has full electric backup for CH and hot water, can also deliver very high flow rates, depending on which model, as does the ACV Heatmaster, although these are more expensive than the Highflow.

Reply to
timegoesby

Maybe I gave an overly negative impression of the Highflow. It is very good and I am not disappointed.

With unlimited funds and space I would have chosen a thermal store or heat bank along with a suitable system boiler (such as a DPS Pandora with W-B Greenstar 28HE).

As regards the reasons: The main one is that I wasn't sure whether any combi boiler could deliver a decent enough flow rate to fill a large bath within a reasonable time. However a suitable thermal store would defintely have achived this.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark

Fair enough. The important point is to have thought through and researched the issues and to understand what you are likely to get. If the results match then you won't be unhappy as you say.

Reply to
Andy Hall

He is not unhappy. He said "Maybe I gave an overly negative impression of the Highflow. It is very good and I am not disappointed."

Reply to
Doctor Drivel