CH Boiler temperature

Got a Glow-worm HXI gravity fed.

Largish 3 bed house detatched. Tank stat is set at 60 degrees.

What temperature should the boiler be set at?

Reply to
Invisible Man

The boiler should be on 70C to prevent the tank stat constantly calling for heat, depending on your houses insulation levels and radiator sizes, you may find that that boiler stat needs to be turned up to maximum in order to reach the temperature on the room stat in very cold weather.

I am not 100% sure but I was told that you can lower the tank stat to

55C and set the boiler at 65C; it is more efficient.
Reply to
David

Must be minimum of 60C for legionella prevention. ACV recommend 65C and supply a blending valve to lower temperatures at the taps.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel