CH boiler starts but stops

I have a Baxi Bahama 100 CH combi boiler.

Last week I selected manual on, and the pump started, then it fired up .. all sounded fine. It ran for 10 secs and then shut down. No warning lights .. all looked normal. Water pressure ok .. gas is on :-).

The only way to wake it up was to switch off the mains supply and switch back on ....... that worked and it ran the rest of the week.

Tonight .. ditto as above except it shuts down everytime now after 10 secs .. brrrrr

Whilst I am here ... where can I see the list of boilers on the scrappage scheme.

Thanks

Mike P

Reply to
Mike

Mike wrote, on 10/12/2009 21:13:

Start at , search the database for your boiler model and if its efficiency is Grade G or lower you might be eligible for a payout provided you get your claim in very quickly.

Reply to
Dave N

Thanks Dave

That model wont qualify .. effiency appears to have to be below 70%.

I switched the boiler on and of half a dozen times .. failed each time .. and then it decided to give up and work normaly .... hmmmm Well at least I am warm now ... Will see how it behaves tomorow.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike

Reply to
Bob

My Wickes/Halstead has had periods like that. If you don't already have it, you may be able to get the "installers" manual off the web, which may have some fault tracking flow charts that might help to isolate a problem. But, intermittent faults like this are a bugger. Possibly bad connection on one of the multi way or other connectors? Worth a wiggle.

Reply to
newshound

Bob wrote, on 10/12/2009 22:10:

Oops. Thanks.