Certification Required for Boiler Install

Hi all

What certification should an installer now supply when replacing a boiler, upgrading controls and minor pipe changes?

Part P presumably? Part L (is that insulation/energy conservation or something?)

Anything I've missed

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

You might not have had any notifiable electrical work done. You should get notification self-certifications for the upgraded control and boiler. You should get the benchmark log book (often a page in the installation instructions filled in). The instructions left with you.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

"Ed Sirett" wrote

Thanks Ed

You seem to be coming to my rescue a lot lately. The Part P reference was made due to kitchen location. As I am having this done in advance of the main electrical re-wire it will probably be temporary(ish) anyway.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

By the book the Part-P registered installer is supposedly responsible for the entire electrical installation if he added or extended a circuit.

I practice there is NO way you can make a living if every time you make a minor electrical mod you have to inspect and fix the entire electrical installation.

Reply to
Ed Sirett