Certificates for boiler/unvented cylinder installation?

What documents should be issued after the installation of a boiler and unvented cylinder by a corgi-registered? Are there any "formal" certificates from corgi?

I only got the logbooks for both signed after a recent installation. Any more paperwork I should ask for?

Many thanks, -JK.

Reply to
John K

The log books (when filled in corerctly) are sufficient to certify the installation has been done properly and in complaince with building regs.

Usually there is a boiler guarantee registration form which often needs to be signed by the installer.

You should not require any more paperwork unless you intend to let the dwelling, in which case you will need a Landlords' gas safety inpsection certificate. Thsi covers more than just the boiler.

HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Is that correct for the unvented cylinder part of the installation? I thought the self certifying scheme was just for the part L regs, not the part G3 regs for unvented cylinders.

Reply to
John Armstrong

It can be self certified by a member of the Institute of Plumbing and one or two other organisations. Details are in the Approved Document to part G.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I am looking at the 1992 edition of part G, which is the latest one on the web site. Is this up to date? I can see the list of competent persons (including the Institute of Plumbing) that should install the system on page 10, can't see anything about self certifying. The list of changes page at the front of part G says notification is required.

the Institute of Plumbing self certifying scheme has been revoked ( I think this scheme was for part L?)

a scheme for unvented systems is being considered for the Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors.

Reply to
John Armstrong

I hadn't spotted that the IoP scheme had been revoked. In a way I'm not surprised. It appears that someone with "experience" can simply apply to become a member.

Looks like a call to the BCO would be in order......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think that the log book for the unvented cylinder requires to be signed off by a 'competant person'. This would technically means someone with an unvented HW cylinder qualification (I've forgotten the precise definition).

Reply to
Ed Sirett

says the Institute of Plumbing self certifying scheme has been revoked ( I

says a scheme for unvented systems is being considered for the Association

Looks like another subscription to find...

Reply to
Ed Sirett