Certificates for boiler/unvented cylinder installation?

What documents should be issued after the installation of a boiler and unvented cylinder by a corgi-registered? Are there any "formal" certificates from corgi?
I only got the logbooks for both signed after a recent installation. Any more paperwork I should ask for?
Many thanks, -JK.
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 06:07:29 +0000, John K wrote:

The log books (when filled in corerctly) are sufficient to certify the installation has been done properly and in complaince with building regs.
Usually there is a boiler guarantee registration form which often needs to be signed by the installer.
You should not require any more paperwork unless you intend to let the dwelling, in which case you will need a Landlords' gas safety inpsection certificate. Thsi covers more than just the boiler.
HTH
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 10:24:03 +0000, Ed Sirett wrote:

Is that correct for the unvented cylinder part of the installation? I thought the self certifying scheme was just for the part L regs, not the part G3 regs for unvented cylinders.
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:32:30 +0000, John Armstrong

It can be self certified by a member of the Institute of Plumbing and one or two other organisations. Details are in the Approved Document to part G.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:37:17 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

I am looking at the 1992 edition of part G, which is the latest one on the web site. Is this up to date? I can see the list of competent persons (including the Institute of Plumbing) that should install the system on page 10, can't see anything about self certifying. The list of changes page at the front of part G says notification is required.
http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/groups/odpm_buildreg/documents/page/odpm_breg_609518.hcsp says the Institute of Plumbing self certifying scheme has been revoked ( I think this scheme was for part L?)
http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/groups/odpm_buildreg/documents/page/odpm_breg_609516.hcsp says a scheme for unvented systems is being considered for the Association of Plumbing and Heating Contractors.
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:02:47 +0000, John Armstrong

I hadn't spotted that the IoP scheme had been revoked. In a way I'm not surprised. It appears that someone with "experience" can simply apply to become a member.
Looks like a call to the BCO would be in order......
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:02:47 +0000, John Armstrong wrote:

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/groups/odpm_buildreg/documents/page/odpm_breg_609518.hcsp
http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/groups/odpm_buildreg/documents/page/odpm_breg_609516.hcsp
Looks like another subscription to find...
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:32:30 +0000, John Armstrong wrote:

I think that the log book for the unvented cylinder requires to be signed off by a 'competant person'. This would technically means someone with an unvented HW cylinder qualification (I've forgotten the precise definition).
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk