Ceramic tiles outside?

Anybody know if ceramic floor tiles are ok to use outside?

Reply to
jon

It depends a lot on the type of tiles and the proposed application. There are floor tiles and there are floor tiles. What are yours like and what use do you want to put them to?

Mike W W

Reply to
Mike W W

Well, I was just pondering using them along the edge of a drive. They would cover the haunching used to keep the edge course in position so would get walked on and may even get driven on by mistake :-)

I was thinking of cutting them so they were 100mm wide to form a strip along the edge of the drive if this makes sense?

Reply to
jon

The most likely cause of failure, assuming that they are well bedded, will be frost damage. As a rough and ready check I would weigh one dry, leave it to soak overnight and weigh it again. The greater the increase the greater the risk of failure.

Reply to
Tony Bryer