Ceramic tap cartridges

OK - that was a bummer...

4 new 1/4 turn lever taps, less than a year old. One failed (dripping).

Circlip holding gubbins together was rusted away.

Other 3 taps all have copper coloured circlips, with no corrosion.

Supplier will replace - but I had already taken it to 3 plumbers merchants plus Tool/Fix and no joy.

Cartirdges are well known for being bastards with no standardisation, but this one has 32 splines - which turns out to be a very find pitch.

Even

who sell everything, don't have these...

Very depressing - how many variants does the world need...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Alas not unusual.

Only one supplier in the entire Medway Towns.

Does the world need poxy ceramic cartridge taps?

Reply to
David Lang

Always one more than have been encountered.

Reply to
Richard

No nor those ones I replaced made of crappy plastic either. When kitchens get fitted i bet nobody actually thinks of such things like when summut goes wrong will this be obsolete or unobtainable.

One friend had a lot of trouble trying to find a suitable diswasher to fit a fitted kitchen which it appears had a non standard hole for the dishwasher. I just despair sometimes at the strange things that occur with what might be considered simple things with already existing standards.

If you recall the Apollo 13 story, the survival was almost scuppered due to the co2 scrubber filter fittings of the command module being totally different to those in the Lem

So no matter how much you pay, standards seem to fail you. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well, I like the positive turn off and the fact you can simply look at them (levers) and know they are off.

The only thing wrong with them is there should be two types of cartridge with one size of spindle, 1/2" + 3/4" fitting and leave it at that.

Reply to
Tim Watts