Ceramic sinks

I fancy a ceramic sink when we redo the kitchen. I expected them to be expensive but B&Q have them for a shade over £200 which given the price of some of those bendy plastic things is very reasonable.

Are there any gotchas with ceramic sinks?

Reply to
R D S

They break (or crack or chip) when you drop heavy things into them.

Reply to
polygonum

And they are bloody heavy, especially a proper double belfast. What worktop are you using? FWIW I went back to a conventional stainless one when I re-did the kitchen.

Reply to
Newshound

It's going in a 'normal' 40mm worktop. It's a drop in type rather than a belfast.

I'm not keen on stainless steel ones, I don't like the bendy plastic ones and we have an enamelled one currently but it's full of chips.

If the ceramic ones chip then it's probably not a good idea, we are a pair of clumsy fekkers.

Reply to
R D S

We will probably go for stainless next time (ghastly inherited placcie a= t =

present). But it is odd how different one s/s sink is from another. Some= =

seem to be almost blue-grey whereas some are more like our cutlery, for = =

example, which is much closer in colour to polished silver. And some sin= ks =

feel almost rough or porous (though I am sure they are not actually goin= g =

to let water through!) - while some are very smooth. Anyone know what =

factors make them vary so much?

Reply to
polygonum