centrifugal bathroom extractor fan with humidistat or overrun timer?

I have a bathroom with no window, but there is a duct of about 4 metres which goes through a bedroom (boxed in at top corner of room) and out the back.

The old fan was a cheapy axial thing which I'm sure didn't even blow the air all the way out of the duct.

I went an bought a greenwood airvac S90 fan a while ago which isnt yet fitted but I dont think this has an overrun or humidistat.

I'm happy to get another one as I really need a decent fan to combat the mould which grows on the ceiling, anyone got any recommendations? The duct is 100mm diameter.

Cheers

Reply to
benpost

Have a look here:

used the DX100 fan in a similar situation (probably 2.5m horizontal extraction). It seems to work OK, but is very loud in a very small room. But with 4m length, I think you'll just have to live with it, unless you can fit a fan in-line somewhere along the length of the pipe. But then they're very expensive.

Rather than buy one with a timer, I bought a ceiling PIR (which has a timer built-in). The difference in cost between 'fan with timer' and 'fan + PIR' is negligable. Plus, the fan + light comes on automatically when you enter. Works for us in our downstairs toilet, but might not be desirable in a bathroom.

Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak

"benpost" wrote >

anyone got any recommendations?

Get hold of a Vent Axia fan design brochure. This will take you through the elements to consider in fan selection eg are there bends in your ducting, is it concertina style or smooth, number of air changes required etc. For a medium size bathroom I ended up with an in line 125mm fan with separate over-run timer which works well (smooth duct with 2 elbows backdraft shutter and grill). STRONGLY recommend you look at Vent Axia or Xpelair rather than shed stuff for longevity - may be 2 of 3 times the cost but hopefully fit and forget.

HTH

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

thanks for the replies... i'm gonna get the xpelair premier cf20 from screwfix as its has a humidistat and high extraction 108m3/hr

compared to the vent axia similar price but max extraction of 25m3/hr

just need to think about the kitchen now, i've fitted a chimney hood but there isnt an easy way to vent it outsidebecause the ceiling is concrete the back goes to a neighbours hall way and the front its 2 metres to the side and has tiles on the outside!!! oh well - at least the kitchen has a window!

Reply to
benpost