Central heating woes

We are getting no hot water to the radiators. Boiler seems OK - can make hot water. Pipes to tank are hot. pump seems to be working , boiler is in basement hot tank on first floor. Could it be valve somewhere ? - there is a honeywell silver box , valve thing on a pipe coming out the middel of the hot tank, the casing is quite hot even when the pipes are cold.). Is it thermostat ( have just given myself 240 when i took cover off to have a look)

Cheers Guys as usual. Nick

Reply to
nick_phillips

If the valve has three pipes attatched to it switch on heating and open it manualy by pulling the lever on the back and latching it in the notch. If rads warm up then most likely moter is finished.

If only two pipes on the valve then look for another one and test that by latching open.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

=================================== Is this failure very recent? Have you checked that your room thermostat (if present) is set high enough to switch the heating on? It's nearly mid-Summer and room temperatures can be quite high even in the rain storms we've been having.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero